Fortunately Mike was able to stay home with him Monday and Tuesday. Here's a video of him playing Monday morning.
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Sick?
Sunday afternoon Henry woke up with eyes almost completely matted shut. Great. We suspected pink eye and after a trip to the urgent kids care, sure enough double pink eye and a sinus infection. He had allergies for weeks leading up to it, but I had no idea it could all turn in to that. Probably didn't help that I was only giving him half of the recommended dosage of Benadryl for his weight. Mother of the Year, I tell ya. Helps when you update your medication information. I guess the good news, I wasn't overdoing it. The doctor prescribed antibiotics for the sinus infection and eye drops for the pink eye. You can imagine how fun it has been to put his eye drops in. Ugh! 5 more days, we're halfway there! The flip side, he's getting better about it and my skills have improved as well. Lots of bribery and patience is all it takes sometimes.
Fortunately Mike was able to stay home with him Monday and Tuesday. Here's a video of him playing Monday morning.
18 hours after waking up with eyes matted shut, he's up shooting hoops and pretty well I might add. What's hilarious to me, I had a sinus infection a couple of months ago and thought I was on my deathbed for a week. A WEEK! This kid gets on antibiotics for 18 hours and appears fine. Resiliency is wasted on the young. Don't kid yourself though, we were beyond thankful that he was feeling better so quickly. Usually when he's sick, he's extra snuggly and restful. This time he was angry and fought us tooth and nail on everything. Everything. Exhausting, so yes, we were glad to see him playing happily Monday morning. :)
Fortunately Mike was able to stay home with him Monday and Tuesday. Here's a video of him playing Monday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment